For many years we have partnered with a global organization that is known not only for developing leaders but also for the innovative engineering and technology behinds its many products and solutions. Using development programs that we have designed and delivered, this organization has built a pipeline of IT talent that drives the organization’s continued leadership position n the market. In fact, when graduates of this program have assumed leadership roles later in their careers, they have often introduced us into their organizations because they feel so strongly about the impact that our programs have had on their careers.
The IT leadership development programs that we’ve designed and delivered for this client incorporate both live and virtual classroom experiences. The curriculum integrates perfectly with the rotational job opportunities that participants assume as part of the program. Through the courses, participants acquire, institutional knowledge about the business, internal processes, corporate technologies, security and risk concerns, financial acumen, and team dynamics that give them the confidence they need to be productive quickly and allow them to make an immediate impact on their teams, projects and on the organization.
Key Program Features
- Two onsite “Bootcamps” built around case studies that simulate the work environment and require the development of technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Two virtual courses designed around Harvard Business School Cases that explore Successful System Implementation and Security & Controllership.
- Application of current technologies of the Day including Big Data, Business Intelligence and Responsive Web Design.
- Interaction with Organizational Leaders as participants pitch their solutions to the case challenges and interact in discussions with internal subject matter experts.
Key Program Outcomes
- Learn to Balance Innovation with Appropriate Risk Taking as teams balance the scope and complexity of their solutions with the capability and capacity of their teams.
- Acquire an Understanding the Business Stakeholder Partnership as case studies require evaluation and reconciliation of competing stakeholder requirements as well as strategies for driving end user adoption.
- Develop Skills to Drive Flawless Execution through the application of good project management practices including Agile, SCRUM, proprietary processes) along with DMAIC and Lean principles.
- Build Technology Adeptness by using current technologies in the learning lab environment while exploring typical challenges of enterprise level technology projects including integration, imperfect tools, rework due to poorly defined requirements, etc.
- Learn techniques to Influence and Collaboration as teams must reach consensus on their solution design and establish clear roles and responsibilities to get the work done. Additionally, they must pitch-out and communicate their solutions in order to gain management funding and launch approval.
- Understand the Corporate Governance Structure as we weave company tollgate processes, quality processes, and NSI, Six Sigma and other key business processes into all of the case exercises. Teams “live” the process and engage in discussions regarding the WHY behind them.