6-8 hours (Exercises are progressive so participants must attend the entire session)
All team members, including developers, product owners, project managers, ScrumMasters, and business analysts who will be participating, managing, or otherwise supporting the API initiatives.
This interactive workshop covers web API fundamentals, including the business and technical cases for building and consuming web-based APIs. The workshop will equip business leaders, managers, and developers on the techniques necessary to successfully understand, plan, and design a great API for web and mobile applications. Attendees will be equipped to model and design a modern web-based API that can be used for private, partner or public use to provide business value.
The main objective is to understand web API fundamentals and learn to design a great REST API through methods that involve the entire team, not just developers. Key objectives include:
- API Fundamentals, including why they are important
- Business cases and examples for a successful API strategy
- From fundamentals to the details of REST APIs
- How to build a great API that developers will love
- Team-based API modeling and design that involves everyone, from managers to developers
No current or prior software development skills are necessary. All exercises will be performed in groups, will involve all aspects of the software development life cycle, and will not require writing code.
- Understanding APIs
- Principles of Modern Web APIs
- Thinking in Resources
- What Makes a Great API
- Modeling APIs
- From Modeling to API Design
- Hands-on REST (Optional Day 2)
- API Documentation and Testing (Optional Day 2)
Share with others