Half day, full day, or combine with existing curriculum
Does an email or memo really inspire someone or provide the best means of communicating an ? Maybe. What if, instead, your team was able to create a moviewith props, music, narration, and a strong message around a topic important to your organization? And, what if all of this could be done in a few hours while also learning about teamwork, project management, and conflict along the way? READY. SET. ACTION! Enables your team to do all of this and more. Using stop motion animation (think “Mr. Bill” or “clay-mation”) your team will work together, have fun, and produce a movie specific to topics of your choice. In addition, the process will be complemented with curriculum instruction around various subject areas. Key topics include:
Assessing the team
- Understand the strengths of each team member
- Activity: Personality assessment
Understanding how to manage conflict
- Be prepared to handle conflict among the team
- Exercise: Thomas Kilmann Indicator
Creating a plan
- The who, what, and when
- Exercise: Process mapping
Mapping out your vision
- Clearly define the message
- Exercise: Build a storyboard and script
Building the finished product
- Determine what information goes where in a document.
- Write in the inverted pyramid style.
- Exercise: Make a stop animation movie
Sharing the output with others
- Create a plan to use the movie in a meaningful way
- Exercise: Action items on how to share the movie with others in the organization
- Learn how to express ideas and knowledge in a unique and creative manner.
- Develop a clear and actionable project plan.
- Learn key aspects of team development.
- Understand how to meet deadlines under various constraints.
- Work through, experience, and manage conflict.
- Take what is produced in the course and share with others in the organization.
An onsite course that includes participants using computers or iPads to create stop motionanimation movies
Share with others